Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:09:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Friendly Faces At Northwest
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Friendly Faces At Northwest  ( 2998 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : February 03, 2010, 09:30:43 AM »

Over the past week I have been going town to see my sister Tee who took a fall a week ago this past Monday - For those of you who are not aware, she broke her arm just below the shoulder in 4 places, and also had a torn rotator cuff and torn bicep, which Dr. Beattie fixed in a surgery last Sunday.

She got great care and this morning will be transported to St. Albans Healthcare & Rehab until she is able to come home and be alone.  I usually went in to see her at night after supper and have to admit I get lost pretty easily in that hospital, but have to comment that even though I did not see a face I knew, no matter who I met in the hallway or saw everybody gave me a smile and it certainly gave me a warm feeling.  The only other hospital I have ever been in where the staff was like that was the old original Fanny Allen Hospital.

I don't know how the day shift is, but I was so impressed that as I was going home the other night, just had to stop and tell this lady not far from the lobby about this wonderful experience.  Please keep Tee in your prayers, so that her rehab will go well and she will be home soon.

Henry Raymond
cassyt
: 84

« #1 : February 03, 2010, 10:03:52 AM »

Hubby spent a few days there in NOV.they are all so nice there and call to check on you after you get home burlington was bad just a number there I would go back to north west.
Dick Brown
: 414

« #2 : February 03, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »

Good Morning Henry       The friendly greetings one receives at NWMC is inclusive throughout the building, I think, as you have found out, and a great deal of the credit should be given to the former CEO, Peter Hofstetter. He promoted not only friendliness towards the community within the hospital, but towards the greater Franklin County, allowing employees to become involved in service activities. He also practiced it himself with his hospital staff, who in turn practiced it towards visitors and towards their peers. It helped that NWMC Trustees, Doctors and the many departmental staff members, not only bought into that process , but are genuinely nice people to begin with. Finally, as large as the NWMC gets, they still truly consider themselves part of the community that they serve, a nice legacy for Peter.
vtoutdoorguymb
: 136

« #3 : February 04, 2010, 12:23:19 AM »

Being employed there I am, of course, biased... but I am very happy to hear all the positive feedback on here about NMC. I think that both NMC and FAHC have their strong points, but I am glad that people of our community are recognizing the welcoming and caring atmosphere that we all work so hard create and maintain there. I can honestly say that everyone I work with really seems to care about patients as people, not just as a number, a vein, a broken leg, etc. I am truly proud to be an NMC employee.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: