Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:31:38 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 1/24/10 and Blog- The Last Ten Years
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 1/24/10 and Blog- The Last Ten Years  ( 3565 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 23, 2010, 11:39:58 PM »

Sunday January 24, 2010
Picture of the Day

The 1908 BFA Baseball team. Sorry, I don't have any names.

THE LAST TEN YEARS
The Fairfax Historical Society met Saturday afternoon, and we discussed some of the changes that has happened in the last ten years.

We now have a rec path near the Lamoille River. We now have a football field to go along with our youth and school football teams.

The field behind the funeral home and Ross's was empty ten years ago. Now there are houses and a senior housing.

We have nordic skiing and track and field at school now.

We now have cable TV in the village of Fairfax.

We now have DSL internet connection in the village and 2-mile surrounding area.

Smartphones are here.

The global community has gotten smaller with sites like Facebook, Twitter, and this forum.

School security is much tighter with magnetic locks and swipe cards, and cameras and such.

The terrorist attacks have given us a new phrase-Homeland Security.

And one of the most important things to happen- The Boston Red Sox won the World Series. Twice.

Just a sampling of some of the things that happened in the last ten years. We'll see what the next ten bring.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : January 24, 2010, 07:14:59 AM »

I'm really enjoying all your photos, Mike!  Thanks for sharing them with us!  I hope you're feeling better!
Sooz
msm
: 211

« #2 : January 24, 2010, 08:12:27 AM »

Mike --

I appreciate the pics as well .. I have the postcards but not the photos,  like this baseball team shot,  very cool and very classic, look at their hair, shoes, soxs and such.

Mike M
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #3 : January 28, 2010, 04:00:04 AM »

NICE
: [1]  
« previous next »
: