Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:28:26 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Photo Blog 1/6/10 Beaver Dragon's Wreck at Catamount Stadium 1987
« previous next »
: [1]
: Photo Blog 1/6/10 Beaver Dragon's Wreck at Catamount Stadium 1987  ( 8930 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : January 05, 2010, 11:53:08 PM »

Wednesday January 6, 2010
Photo Blog

BEAVER DRAGON'S WRECK AT CATAMOUNT STADIUM 1987
It was the last race at Catamount Stadium in Milton, VT. The second heat race. Dave Dion and Beaver Dragon came together in the frontstretch. I saw Beaver's car start to roll, and I brought my camera up and started shooting.

These pictures, along with some others from Catamount, are in a book called "To Beat The Beaver", written by Bill Ladabouche. Bill used to write for the old Speedway Scene newspaper and now does articles on old racers and race tracks in the Racin' Paper.
For a trip down memory lane for those you used to go there, visit:
www.catamountstadium.com

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : January 06, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »

WOW! Great shots Mike!  Makes me miss (even more) working for Speedway Safety at T-Road! I sure miss that job....in my opinion one of the best part time jobs to have!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
Torrie Dennis
: 53

« #2 : January 06, 2010, 08:50:48 AM »

I was there that day although I was only 10 remember it very clearly.  I just remember how quiet it got and everyone was standing.  I wish Catamount was still there it was a great place.  Thank you Mike for sharing these photos.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #3 : January 06, 2010, 08:56:57 AM »

I was in the infield, obviously, and rushed to the scene with everyone else. The place WAS quiet. When the people in turn 1 saw Beaver out of the car, they started cheering. That started a wave of cheering that went down the frontstretch into turn 4. The wave of cheering was a weird sound. I will never forget it.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
treebeard34
: 103

« #4 : January 06, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »

I remember I was walking past the start/ finish line and POW it was really an amazing thing to see, unbelievable that no one was hurt

Mark Teague
: [1]  
« previous next »
: