Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:36:51 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Its Been 10 Years Since The Big Hype
« previous next »
: [1]
: Its Been 10 Years Since The Big Hype  ( 2965 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : December 31, 2009, 09:13:35 AM »

How time does fly.  Ten years ago we were all kind of worked up about what was going to happen when the clock struck midnight.  There were stories out that our computers had not been designed or programmed to handle the year 2000.  Even in this day and age, I think there was a little concern in everybody's mind what would happen and a big sigh of relief when nothing did.

It has been many a year since Maryann and I have been out any place on New Years Eve.  Neither of us drink, which appears to be a big part of the celebration, so we kind of just sit home and relax and don't worry about meeting those on the road that do and still drive.

Perhaps the one New Years I do remember the most is one year back when I was single and going out with Maryann, we went to a New Years Party at Jeffersonville High School and two of us, Rene Boissoneault and I both had our winter coats stolen.  Apart from the fact that it was an expense neither one of us was prepared for, it also was a cold ride home.

Shortly after the stroke of midnight also, when we were at home, I remember my mother-in-law and the girls calling to wish us a Happy New Year, each trying to be the first.

This New Years Eve, Maryann and I will both be at home, no plans to go out and celebrate, although in reality we do have a lot to celebrate, having our health, wonderful family and friends and living in a loving and caring community.

Happy New Year 2010 To All

Henry Raymond
Torrie Dennis
: 53

« #1 : December 31, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »

Happy New Year to you Henry and Maryann
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #2 : December 31, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »

Have a Happy and Healthy 2010 Henry!

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
cechinbass
: 16

« #3 : December 31, 2009, 08:15:19 PM »

Happy New Years to you Henry and to Maryann also
Terri Santee
: 77

« #4 : December 31, 2009, 11:39:03 PM »

Happy New Year Everyone!!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: