Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:16:44 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  12/24/09 Photo Blog- Christmas Eve, One Year Ago
« previous next »
: [1]
: 12/24/09 Photo Blog- Christmas Eve, One Year Ago  ( 6807 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : December 24, 2009, 12:49:43 AM »

Thursday December 24, 2009

Photo Blog
CHRISTMAS EVE
ONE YEAR AGO.........................

All photos by me, Mike Cain.

Fairfax Village, November 2007

Christmas Eve morning, 2008
I stood atop Michelle Road, taking this image as a Christmas postcard for Fairfax Village. Who knew.

We had finished our Christmas Eve family dinner, and opened presents, when my pager went off. First Fairfax Fire, then Fairfax Rescue tones. Accident, I thought. "St. Albans Central to Fairfax Fire and Fairfax Rescue, please respond to Steeple Market"-for a 2-car 10-50, I was thinking-"for heavy black smoke coming from the building. Holy sh--. I started out the door, stopped and asked my sister-in-law to hand me my camera, which was located right next to her on the couch. I got my gear on and made my way down to the store. I helped however I could with hoses, but spent most of the night recording history.

Christmas Eve night, around 8pm.

It was 40 degrees, raining, and we were dealing with 30mph winds.

At 2am, Deputy Chief Justin Hayes came to me, and asked if I wanted to go home and get some sleep and return at 6:30am. They went around to all firefighters who didn't have children(me), to do that, that way, those with children would stay through the night, and be relieved in the morning to spend time with celebrating Christmas morning.

Christmas morning

if memory serves me correctly, Fairfax Fire(us), St. Albans City, Milton, Cambridge, and Georgia responded with mutual aid. St. Albans Town stood by at our station.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« #1 : December 24, 2009, 06:11:52 AM »

Don't jinx us Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want to stay home for Chrismas this year.  I hope any calls we get are done by 4pm today and none until at least afternoon tomorrow.  Merry Christmas.

Justin
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : December 24, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »

I'm a historian. I'm just marking the day.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #3 : December 24, 2009, 08:52:46 AM »

Wow, Mike, outstanding job recording a terrible night.

I pray tonight will be peaceful for all, Merry Christmas Fairfax.

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #4 : December 24, 2009, 09:52:23 AM »

I say this in a good way , I HOPE TO SEE NONE OF YOU TODAY, TONIGHT OR TOMORROW.       
: [1]  
« previous next »
: