Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:44:32 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 11/5/09 and Blog- Are you a Sports Doofus?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 11/5/09 and Blog- Are you a Sports Doofus?  ( 2255 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : November 04, 2009, 11:20:27 PM »

November 5, 2009
Picture of the Day

Work continues on Bridge #10 in the center of the village.

ARE YOU A SPORTS DOOFUS?
Have you ever purchased sports clothing, that proclaims your team made the playoffs as a Wild card?
Have you ever pushed a kid out of the way to try and get an autograph?
Have you ever bought a jersey of your favorite team, and wore it to the stadium, and had YOUR name on the back?

If you answered YES to any of the above questions, you could be considered a sports doofus.
This was the topic of discussion Wednesday morning on ESPN's Mike and Mike in the Morning. There is a list of 20 things that could doom you. Click here for the list:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/090731
Ever used the Jumbotron to propose to your significant other?
Ever made a sign with the networks call-letters so you can try to get on camera?
Ever wear a Bluetooth to a game?
The list goes on.

And now, a confession.
Back in the 1980's, we had a bread man come around and sell breads and pastries and such. He was from Canada, and all products were Canadian products. Snack cakes, breads, and such. Brands you don't see down here.
Anyway, there was this one product that if you sent in the form and three or four proofs-of-purchases, you could order a Montreal Expos style jersey. You can order it with any number and any name you want-even YOUR OWN!
Needless to say, somewhere in my room is a blue Montreal Expos t-shirt/jersey, and on the back is #17(my number from high school), and the name CAIN above the 17.
I never wear it. But I guess that still makes me a sports doofus.

Wednesday was not a good sports day. If fact, it would be nice if something NICE were to happen. We had high hopes for the XC teams last Saturday at the State Meet, but they got ravaged by the flu, and lost. A friend with the Community Theatre passed away Monday. We worked really hard on the soccer field for the semi-final game and hoped someone could win it all, but the girls soccer team got beat by Peoples. The football team could pull an upset at Windsor on Saturday, but I'm not holding my breath.
I was really hoping the girls could've won it all. We seem to come so close of late, but come up JUST short.
And to top it all off, the hated Yankees are on the verge of winning the World Series. As a Red Sox fan, I could throw up. Sorry, Yankee fans.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: