Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:17:45 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 10/30/09 and Blog- Living in Wally's World
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 10/30/09 and Blog- Living in Wally's World  ( 5918 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 29, 2009, 09:54:01 PM »

October 30, 2009
Picture of the Day

Happy Cabbage Night!!

LIVING IN WALLY'S WORLD

Wal-Mart.
I have always said that Wal-Mart's philosophy was, "Give us your pay check, give us your social security check, pension check, any check you need to live on, and we will take care of you. We have everything you need. You will never need to go anywhere else to do any business."
And slowly, that is becoming true.
They encourage travellers to park their RVs in a Wal-mart parking lot. That way, you have a secure place to stay and in the morning, you can get the things you need to be on your way. At Wal-Mart.
And now the kicker.
You can now bury your loved ones in coffins and urns, purchased at Wal-Mart. No need to go through John Workman or the Minor boys, you can go down to Wal-Mart and pick out your reduced priced coffin or urn. Maybe they have Lay-a-way plans. Go down, buy one for yourself. Put it in storage, until your family needs it.
My thought is........................
Why stop there?
Wal-Mart has land adjacient to their store, why not start a cemetery?
This way, when Uncle Charley kicks off, you can have the graveside service next to Wal-Mart, then after the service, stop in and pick up some plastic totes to store some of his stuff when you clean his place out. Flowers for his grave on Memorial Day? They are on sale at Wal-Mart. Wreaths at Christmas.
Just stopping by to pay your respects? Stop in and pick up a 35 dollar DVD player with the money you inherited.

Makes perfectly logical sense to me. And THAT'S the scary part.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : October 30, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »

Ahh...Wal-Mart...the bane of "Mom & Pop's" every where.  There are, within 20 miles of my house 11 Wal-Mart Super Centers.  And even more Walgreens Drug stores.  They are even more prevalent than Wal-Marts.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
trussell
: 870

« #2 : October 30, 2009, 07:35:13 AM »

Well Mike,  my mother-in-law always said that she wants her ashes sprinkled at The Christmas Tree Shop... You might just be on to something!

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." -Jackie Robinson
msm
: 211

« #3 : October 30, 2009, 07:47:01 AM »

Mike,

I have a 9 mile, one-way,  commute to work ..  I pass by 2 Walmarts,  1 Sam's Club, and relating to your previous log,  3 McDonalds !  All on the same 'main road' ...

Mike M
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : October 30, 2009, 08:16:37 AM »

Well, up here our nearest Walmart is 30 miles away and if St. Albans has its way, there will be none any closer.  It is really too bad.  I may make one or two visits a year there, but that is it.

I had come in to shut my computer down and see if I had anything new on my forum and read this item about the caskets, etc.  When I watched Letterman after the news, he had a bit in his monologue about it.  Yours was better Mike.

Henry Raymond
treebeard34
: 103

« #5 : October 30, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »

peopleofwalmart.com. explains everything you need to know about what kind of people buying discount caskets

Mark Teague
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #6 : October 31, 2009, 03:43:41 AM »

Have YOU all NOT SEEN this????????????????????????????????

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/
MikeF9
: 1994

« #7 : November 01, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »

Of all of them, this one made me laugh the loudest.

October 17th, 2009
A Little Higher Honey Buns

I’m confused, and none of its good. The hair says 1940’s, the shoes say 55 year old man, that shirt says I’m a male figure-skater, and those shorts are not saying anything because she is suffocating them to death.

Tennessee

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: