Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:08:34 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax/Westford Youths Compete In FFA National Forestry Event
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax/Westford Youths Compete In FFA National Forestry Event  ( 2878 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 29, 2009, 08:16:02 AM »

Walton; Goetz, 18, of Essex; Evan Aiken, 17, of Westford; and Jon Alexander, 17, of Fairfax competed in the Future Farmers of America's National Forestry Event, held in Indianapolis. Husqvarna and the FFA Foundation sponsored the event, part of the FFA's annual convention focused on middle and high school agricultural education programs.

For more info, click on the following link:

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009910290311
« : October 31, 2009, 09:53:03 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
cedarman
: 370

« #1 : October 29, 2009, 09:55:47 AM »

Congratulations to these young guys.  As a former competitor in the FFA National Farm Business Management competition, I can attest to how intense and challenging these national competitions are.  To say "a lot of kids couldn't do it" is a huge understatement.  I think MOST people (students and adults alike) don't have the skills and knowledge to complete at the level these guys did.

It's great to see a strong FFA representation from our area.
cowtchr
: 17

« #2 : October 30, 2009, 07:50:44 AM »

Congratulations!

As a teacher of Agriculture and advisor for the Middlebury FFA Chapter for 12 years at the Patricia A. Hannaford Career Center in Middlebury, Vermont and FFA alum at Center for Technology Essex, I know how hard these students worked to prepare for this Career Development Event.  Before they arrived in Indianapolis, Indiana and joined FFA members from across the United States and its territories, they were first place team in Vermont! 

By the way, the FFA Official Dress Code is well recognized by the National Blue and Corn Gold corduroy jackets.  With more than 50,000 members in attendance at the National FFA Convention, that's a lot of blue corduroy!

This accomplishment will look terrific on your resumes, cover letters for job applications, and if you choose to pursue college, on your applications!  It certainly helped me, since it's what inspired my career.  As a college bound student, it was really difficult to find time in my schedule to get to the Center for Technology in Essex.  However, I did and graduated from BFA Fairfax, headed to UVM and graduated with a degree in Agricultural Education. Now I have what I consider the most rewarding job in the world--teaching students who are also passionate about their career interests.

Well done! 

One last thing...  If you find a career that you really love, you'll never have to work again!

Best to all of you!

Kelley Horr Mills
BFA Fairfax
Class of 1985

« : October 31, 2009, 06:10:13 AM cowtchr »
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : October 31, 2009, 09:53:48 AM »

I scanned the photo from the Free Press - Not a great photo, but you should be able to recognize our local youths if you see them.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : October 31, 2009, 02:51:24 PM »

I believe that Jon Alexander worked up at Nan's this summer and may have just pumped some gas for you if you bought some there.  Very nice young man.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: