Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:43:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  13 YEAR OLD ESSEX YOUTH DIES IN FAIRFAX ACCIDENT
« previous next »
: [1]
: 13 YEAR OLD ESSEX YOUTH DIES IN FAIRFAX ACCIDENT  ( 4410 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 11, 2004, 03:05:27 PM »

ACCIDENTS LEAVE 2 DEAD

By Messenger Staff

Swanton/Fairfax – Two people, including a 13-year-old Essex boy, died following separate motor vehicle accidents in Swanton and Fairfax late Thursday night.

A 27-year-old Massachusetts woman died after the Honda Civic she was traveling in struck a guardrail on interstate 89 in Swanton, at about 10:15 p.m.  Police had not released her name this morning due to an ongoing investigation and the necessity of first contacting family members.

The woman was wearing a seat belt.  Police also did not release the 30-year-old driver’s name.

About two hours later, Timothy Anderson, of, Essex was struck and killed by a sport utility vehicle in the village of Fairfax, on Route 104.

Anderson, 13, was walking with a friend just after midnight when the accident occurred, according to various sources.  He was a student at North County Christian Academy, a small, Essex Junction private school.

Donna Churchill, a two-year administrative assistant at the school, confirmed today that Anderson was the boy who died in the accident.  Churchill knew few details of the accident.

The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, late this morning listed the driver involved as Kevin Weeks, 27, of Fairfax.

“He was a real sweet kid,” Churchill said of Anderson.  “He was very funny and full of joy.  He always had a smile on his face”

Andersen’s parents are John and Lynn Andersen.  He has older siblings, but Churchill was not sure how many, or their ages.

Andersen graduated from eighth grade with three other students in a ceremony held at the school last night.

Police said the boy was wearing dark clothing and was not seen by the operator of the vehicle.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: