Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:54:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Barn Fire In Westford
« previous next »
: [1]
: Barn Fire In Westford  ( 6038 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 25, 2009, 07:38:34 AM »

A fire completely destroyed a horse barn in Westford yesterday. It happened around 6:30 this morning. A neighbor heard an explosion in the barn and called 911. Within minutes the building was fully engulfed in flames. Does anybody know where this was in Westford?  They just had a short one-liner on Channel 3 last night along with a short video and I did not recognize the place.

Henry Raymond
cdzgang
: 12

« #1 : October 25, 2009, 09:06:54 AM »

My brother is on St. Albans Fire, and saw the glow on the hill in the morning.  As he was heading up to check on it, he followed Westford Fire up to it.  It was at the former Ronnie Kilburn place on the top of #11 Road.  Not sure who owns it now.   
 He ended up helping WFD until mutual aid arrived.
Henry
Administrator

« #2 : October 25, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »

From the quick look I got of the barn on television, it looked in good shape.  Apparently they had a lot of stuff in it - 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, a camper and more.

Henry Raymond
katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #3 : October 25, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »

We could see it really well from our house around 6:30am to, thanks for the update of what it was.
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #4 : October 25, 2009, 10:47:06 PM »

Not sure of the exact location but I know it belonged to a former Fairfax resident.  Not going to name drop but they just purchased the property a few months ago my brother is good friends with the family.  They are still unsure of how it started.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : October 26, 2009, 08:11:25 AM »

BarnBlaze Destroys Horse Barn
   Westford, Vermont - October 24, 2009

A fire completely destroyed a horse barn in Westford today.

It happened around 6:30 Saturday morning. A neighbor heard an explosion in the barn and called 911. Within minutes the building was fully engulfed in flames.

"I mean there's 4 wheelers, snowmobiles, lawnmowers, a camper. I can go on forever what they lost in there," said Westford Fire Chief Randy Botala.

Firefighters aren't sure what started the blaze.

In an earlier post, I stated the barn looked in good shape - That was from a standard clip they used for the Barn Fire Topic, so I have no idea what it looked like before the fire.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=11379153

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #6 : October 27, 2009, 07:19:43 AM »

Happened to be in Minor's Store last night and usually if something is going on, they usually know about it up there.  Asked if they knew the name of the people that had the fire in Westford Saturday - They had all heard about it, but nobody knew who the barn belonged to.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: