Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:29:57 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  10/24/09 Photo Blog- Painting for a Cure
« previous next »
: [1]
: 10/24/09 Photo Blog- Painting for a Cure  ( 5784 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 23, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »

October 24, 2009
I realize I am posting this Friday evening, but putting Saturday's date on it, but I wanted to get this up before Saturday morning.

Photo Blog
PAINTING FOR A CURE

The BFA-Fairfax Football Team is doing a fundraiser for the Americaan Cancer Society and the Susan G. Koman Foundation. The idea was to dress up the field for the occasion. Gary Stewart, head groundskeeper at the school, wanted to paint the field lines pink for the game. That idea did not fly.(Maybe another time. Girls Soccer game?)
So instead we put pink ribbons in the corners of the endzones. Four ribbons in all. I took pictures along the way.
But first, we want to thank some people:
Thank you to Lee at Sherwin-Williams in St. Albans for donating the paint.
Thank you to Paul Langelier for providing us with a pink ribbon magnet we used as a model.
Thank you to Jeff Meunier at J&L Hardware for the cardboard for the stencil.
Thank you to Karen McNall who took the magnet, and copied it onto a transparency for us.
Thank you to Doug Stewart, who helped with the first ribbon, so I could take pictures.

Gary traced out the image onto cardboard. While he was mixing paint, I cut out the stencil.

After getting the lines painted on the field...............

...........the stencil was laid out and Gary sprayed while Doug had his hand on the throttle, so I could take pictures.

After the stencil is removed, Gary highlights the ribbon with red spray paint.

The finished product.

Looks nice with the freshly lined field.

Doug took this picture of Gary and I.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
sue
: 124

« #1 : October 23, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »

Great job..Don't think you aren't appreciated for all you do.   Miss you guys...Mitch
gkmcnall
: 130

« #2 : October 24, 2009, 07:11:46 AM »

Great efforts Gary, Mike, and Doug!  Went down to the field yesterday to post cancer fact signs along the gravel road and to decorate the gate at the top of the road in preparation for all the wind and rain we will receive at the game today.  The field is amazing!  A representative from the American Cancer Society will be on hand to take a team picture with one of those "big" checks that we can fill in how much will be donated to ACS and the Susan G. Koman Foundation.

We hope as many people come to the game as possible to support the cause and to support Fairfax Football.  The team is currently in 4th place in Division III.  Go BULLETS Football, ACS, and SGKF.  See you at the game!
Suzy
: 429

« #3 : October 24, 2009, 08:02:20 AM »

Awesome!  Looks great!

(I liked Gary's idea about the pink stripes!) 

Sooz
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #4 : October 25, 2009, 08:44:55 AM »

A representative from the American Cancer Society will be on hand to take a team picture with one of those "big" checks that we can fill in how much will be donated to ACS and the Susan G. Koman Foundation.

Any local people get a photo of this that I could post here.  Just e-mail them to me.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: