Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:40:17 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Hiking Trails?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hiking Trails?  ( 4738 )
Mollyd79
: 44

« : October 21, 2009, 02:28:51 PM »

Hi - I'm new to Fairfax and was wondering if anyone knows of any good light hiking trails for me and my dog where I can have her off-leash.
Thanks!
mary
: 32

« #1 : October 22, 2009, 09:30:59 AM »

Welcome to Town. The only off-leash trails I'm aware of are in the park out in Jericho.  Also, as a fellow dog owner and walker, it's always a good idea to keep the hunting seasons in mind.  The dog wears a hunter orange collar with reflective tape and I try to avoid looking like a deer.  (Someone pointed out to me one rifle season that my brown wool coat and light colored hat wasn't the best of ideas.)     
Mollyd79
: 44

« #2 : October 22, 2009, 03:25:37 PM »

Thanks Mary - We moved from Jericho in the spring and would go to the Mill's River park often, the trails there were unfortunately not off-leash, only the dog park which my dog does not particullary like. I am looking for somewhere to go close by for a nice brisk walk after work where she can bounce around and chase chipmunks:)

Thanks for the advice....we do wear our hunter orange but I've still caught myself occasionally looking like a deer in my brown fleece:)
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #3 : October 25, 2009, 12:17:23 AM »

You could always ask a near by farmer if you can use there land depending on where you live..  I'm sure they wouldnt mine you using it to walk your dog.  It is a good idea to keep in mind though that hunting season is here

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
Margie
: 156

« #4 : October 25, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »

There is the rec path along the river (and below my house).  As long as your dog is well behaved and minds you, there is no reason she can't be off leash there.  My dog is never on a leash on the path.  There are lots of other people walking dogs here - some on leash, some off leash. 

Welcome to Fairfax!
woodstoves2
: 46

« #5 : October 25, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »

EAGLE MTN. - Milton, VT

Turn west on Lake Road from the Dam Store on Arrowhead Lake...continue on over the interstate overpass…pass Sanderson (on left), turn left onto Everest which makes a sharp right about ¼ mile, then go on to a 4-way intersection  and turn right on to Bedee Hill Rd. Then the first road on the left is Cold Spring (pvt). A quarter mile down that on the right is the parking area. This is a Land Trust conservation
area with marked trails and a nice lookout over Lake Champlain.
Another nearby easy hike is Niquette State Park off Route 2 on the way to the Sandbar.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: