Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:57:19 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Another Great Senior Meal By Marion & Alberta
« previous next »
: [1]
: Another Great Senior Meal By Marion & Alberta  ( 2693 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : October 20, 2009, 05:02:54 PM »

We had baked beans, ham, absolutely delicious roasted potatoes, cabbage salad, pickles, warm whole wheat homemade rolls and apple crisp with cool whip topping for desert.

Have no idea how that woman does it, but she always has enough.  Maryann's favorite today was the baked beans.  Had I known she would enjoy them so much would have checked to see if there were any left over I could have bought - Oh Well!!

This truly is a wonderful program for Seniors, but the thing that makes it the best of course is our good cooks.  Many people who travel around to different Senior Luncheons always tell us that we have the best meals here.

We signed of for CVAA today.  The cost is $1 a year.  We get 56 cents back for each senior's meal.  Bob Ertl, our Senior Citizen Vice President will be taking over for the next 3 months in Elaine's absence.

One nice thing about living in a small town is that we were discussing if we had a post office box or not.  What Elaine did is tell Barb Murphy that the covering Seniors president is Bob Ertl, so any mail for the Fairfax Seniors will be sent to Bob.  Saves us $46 a year for a post office box.

For you Seniors out there, the next Senior Luncheon will be the First Tuesday in November on the 3rd.  Put it on your calendar and join us if you can.

Henry Raymond
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #1 : October 22, 2009, 05:38:47 AM »

Let it be known that 'seniors' includes anyone 60 and over and that folks under that age can enjoy the meal for $5!
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #2 : October 23, 2009, 02:05:13 AM »

What would be shipping and handling charges to Alaska?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: