Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:07:52 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  10/18/09 Photo Blog- Historical Find!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: 10/18/09 Photo Blog- Historical Find!!  ( 4391 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 18, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »

October 18, 2009
Happy Anniversary, Carl & Diana!! 34 years? Really?

HISTORICAL FIND!!!

The three Wright sisters visited the museum Saturday afternoon. Harlene still lives in Fletcher, and Lolita and Beverly live out of state. Lolita wanted to donate a couple of items that belonged to their grandmother, Lucia (Sweeney) Tinker. They were things I had never seen before and never knew existed.

Souvenir glassware from Bellows Free Academy. They stand about 2 inches tall and. It says, "Souvenir of Bellows Free Academy" on them.

A souvenir yearbook(?) from the Huntville School in 1903. Had to have been the final year that it was open, because BFA opened in 1904.
The school sat at the intersection of Huntville/Swamp/Woodward/Tabor Hill Roads.

I'm guessing the picture on the front is that of the teacher.

A list of the students. Five family names. Just the kids that happened to be in that neighborhood.

This is an incredible find. I want to thank Lolita for giving these items to the museum. I know of no other yearbook for a one room school house here in Fairfax.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : October 19, 2009, 11:29:05 AM »

What a treasure, and in such good condition!  Very nice of them to donate to the historical society so many people can enjoy them. 
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : October 19, 2009, 04:48:32 PM »

Many thanks to the Wright sisters for their wonderful gift!  What a delight that yearbook is; the glass souvenirs are charming.   They are an important contribution to the museum.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: