Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:14:54 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  10/14/09 Photo Blog- The World of Outlaws
« previous next »
: [1]
: 10/14/09 Photo Blog- The World of Outlaws  ( 2993 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 13, 2009, 10:44:46 PM »

October 14, 2009

THE WORLD OF OUTLAWS

To put things in perspective..............
Let's say Anthony drove a Late Model at Thunder Road and the ACT Tour. When the NASCAR Sprint Cup tour came to Loudon, NH, we loaded up the car, headed over, and tried to qualify and race with the big boys.
That's what we thought some of doing last Saturday at Rolling Wheels. For dirt track sprint car racing, these drivers are top of the heap.
It's been a few years since I've seen the Outlaws, and forgot how fast they are. You sit there and watch and think, "They aren't going to make it through the corners. They are going to just fly off."
The cars are basically the same. Same type of frame, same type of body panels, wings, suspension parts. Anthony's car is around 1300 pounds in weight. The motor is 360 cubic inches, and puts out 500-600 horsepower. The Outlaws are maybe 1400(?) pounds, have a 410 cubic inch motor, and put out 800 horsepower. I think they were averaging 130mph in time trials. On a half mile track.

5w Lucas Wolfe

6 Danny Lasoski

9 Joey Saldana. Kasey Kahne owns this car.

11 The King of the Outlaws- Steve Kinser. Finished 3rd Saturday night.

15 Donny Schatz. Finished 2nd Saturday night. Tony Stewart is car owner.

19 Cody Darrah. Kahne owns this car, also.

20 Kraig Kinser, son of Steve Kinser. Stewart owns this car, too.

Our friend Tommy Wickham. Tommy was a good 1.5-2 seconds slower than the Outlaws in time trials. He had low oil pressure and did not start the C-Main consolation race. He ended up adding a T to the 75 to become 75T because Dave Ely already had #75.

Rolling Wheels winner 83X Tim Shaffer. Passed Donny Schatz on a restart to take the lead and go on to win.

R19 Jac Haudenschild. Owens Corning is a longtime sponsor on the car, and R19 is a thickness of insulation.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: