Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:21:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  10/9/09 Photo Blog- Pre-school Storyhour
« previous next »
: [1]
: 10/9/09 Photo Blog- Pre-school Storyhour  ( 3752 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 08, 2009, 11:17:54 PM »

October 9, 2009

PRE-SCHOOL STORYHOUR

It went rather well this year. I talked about the Fire Safety Day at the Fire Station Saturday, and read the book, Firebears-The Rescue Team. I then started talking about my turnout gear. I asked if any of the mothers would like to try it on. Thank you very much to Christina Maynard, who volunteered. As an added simulation, I suggested a "Follow The Firefighter" for the kids, as though Christina was leading the kids out of a smokey environment. That meant she had to lead the kids, crawling on hands and knees. She agreed. And the kids gladly followed along. A couple of kids tried the coat on, and a few tried my helmet on.
Many, many thanks to Sharon Horr for taking the pictures.

First the bunker pants.

Then coat and gloves.

Then the helmet.

Christina leading the way.

Yay! Great job!

Little heads. Big helmet.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : October 11, 2009, 03:22:09 AM »

I did 3.5 years as a CRASH / Structural firefighter in the US Navy, on Adak, Alaska.

I never seen anyone look better in turn out gear,,,,than your volunteer.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: