Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:05:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Pictures of the Day 10/4/09 and Blog- Thoughts While Watching An Outlaw Race
« previous next »
: [1]
: Pictures of the Day 10/4/09 and Blog- Thoughts While Watching An Outlaw Race  ( 2257 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : October 04, 2009, 12:30:59 AM »

October 4, 2009
Pictures of the Day

BFA vs. Windsor, late in the game

Post game. Windsor 42 BFA 0. Yeesh.

THOUGHTS WHILE WATCHING AN OUTLAWS RACE
The World of Outlaws 410 sprints were racing at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, PA Saturday night and the race was live on SPEED. A few personal thoughts as I watched:

Being on a sprintcar team gives you a new outlook on watching a race.
Sprint car wrecks are violent. I think I'm at the point where I don't like to see them. They are just really violent.
Speaking of wrecks. There are no two-way radios in the cars. There is a one-way radio, so that someone in the tower can announce if there is a yellow or red flag. One car wrecked, flopped on it's side, and a few seconds later one car runs into it, then another car comes flying in to add to the carnage. Where's the guy on the one-way hollering, RED FLAG!! RED FLAG!!.
At ESS races, if there is an accident, no crew memebers are allowed on the track. I guess at an Outlaws show, anyone can go out. Crew members, wives, TV reporters.
Where was Erin Crocker's car? She should have had a car there. Instead she was a pit reporter for SPEED. Drop the mic, Erin, and climb into a car.
Seeing crew members thrash over a damaged race car looked very familiar.
When they were putting fuel into Donny Schatz's car, gas was dripping off the fuel can. WHY???? I fuel Anthony's car, and that doesn't happen. Leaky fuel can? Not good.
Donny Schatz had his right front tire IN THE AIR going down the straightaway. It came back down when he turned to go into the corner. Usually they will lift the left front coming out of the turn. His right front was in the air about a foot.
Seeing a driver chuck his arm restaints into the hauler is a very familiar sight.
Good race. Really good race. We are planning to see them at Rolling Wheels next Saturday night.
NASCAR sucks. Sorry, but it really does. Go see a live sprint car race. See a few of them. You will look at stock car racing differently.
I still watch NASCAR. I root for Tony Stewart. But sometimes I do watch it for the wrecks. A stock car wreck and a sprint car wreck are two different things. More protection surrounding a driver in a stock car. You hold your breath in a sprint car wreck.
That's my two cents on the subject.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: