Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:26:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  "TWENTY MINUTES OF FUN"
« previous next »
: [1]
: "TWENTY MINUTES OF FUN"  ( 3597 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 06, 2004, 06:50:55 AM »

I feel somewhat compelled to make a statement here regarding our priorities in the Town Of Fairfax.  Even our “Fairfax News”, which provides a tremendous service to us here in Fairfax with a FREE newspaper, I believe unconsciously, toots up the “Twenty Minutes Of Fun.”  I expressed my feelings on the “Twenty Minutes Of Fun” for $5000 at our Town Meeting this past March, but the vote at Town Meeting did not see it my way.  Many special interests groups here in town work very hard to accomplish their goals, without asking for taxpayer money.  I will not attempt to name them, as without a doubt, a number of them would be accidentally missed.

The main reason I am mentioning this is that in checking out Brad Murray’s Web Site, I noticed that The Fairfax Emergency Management Team needs your help.  They are attempting to raise $700.  This “Team” of 18 volunteers is crucial to the town in case of an emergency.  It doesn’t take much of a disaster for those of us here in town to be in need of their services.

A couple of years ago a car hit a pole here in Georgia causing the Fiber Optic Cable to burn cutting communications by regular land line and cellular phones to Northwestern Vermont.  We didn’t lose electrical power, but our 911 communication capability no longer existed.  This is the type of situation that requires our Emergency Management Team, as well as many others.

Check out the following web site for more information – Even you might benefit –

http://kd1bl.tripod.com/please-help.html

Your Fairfax Emergency Management Team needs your help. That Team is a group of 18 volunteers who, in a time of Town emergency or disaster, work with Vermont and Federal authorities to mitigate the situation and to restore normalcy. Under the Fairfax Emergency Management Plan, BFA Fairfax is a Red Cross certified shelter capable of housing people, if need be. The Team has designated Room 301 to be Emergency Operations Center #2 (EOC #2) during the time when people are housed at school.
 That room must be equipped for radio communications in an emergency.

Have a great day,
Henry

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: