Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:09:53 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  World News
| |-+  Current Events
| | |-+  Tired of this stuff
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tired of this stuff  ( 5915 )
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« : September 07, 2009, 02:58:53 AM »

I am getting SO tired of seeing this sorta thing...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- A Fort Richardson paratrooper died Friday afternoon in
Afghanistan.

2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews of Dallas was killed in the Paktika Province when he
and six other soldiers were hit with a rocket-propelled grenade attack. The
soldiers were attempting to recover their vehicle, which had been struck by
an improvised explosive device.

All of the soldiers were assigned to Company B, 1st Battalion, 501st
Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th
Infantry Division.

Andrews joined the Army in 2004 and was assigned to Fort Richardson in
February of this year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let US do it CORRECT and CONCISE or pull out.
mirjo
: 785

« #1 : October 31, 2009, 04:14:50 AM »

Clearly, Mike we don't know how or we would have by now.

It seems to me if the military knew how to fight in Afghanistan or Iraq this would have ended ages ago. I am not sure the rationale behind us NOT leaving. (We need to save face I guess, since we're a SUPERPOWER??)

I totally respect our troops who're doing their job, however I seriously question their military logistical leaders/planners. So far, not impressive. 8 years has gotten us What?
The troops say we're doing good stuff over there, but is it really our job to do good stuff over there when we have people in need over here?

I honestly don't care about what goes on in Afghanistan or Iraq as far as how people live, I think it's their problem. Harsh I know, but we have tons of problems in the inner cities here, kids who are going hungry, under educated, neglected, beaten, abused, raped, on drugs, stealing ****...and I'm supposed to care about freedom in some country where some people are 1/2 interested?

I care about that as much as I do what is going to happen on earth in 2100.This diatribe doesn't mean that I'm not a caring, philantropic, environmentally concientious person--I am to a reasonable point. These were Bush's wars, they got him 8 yrs in the WH. He didn't get his guy Bin Laden, I'm not sure he really tried. I think it's tome to end Bush's wars. We're not going to ever eliminate the taliban or al-quaida. We're better off to just be highly aware and watch them from afar. Although I have been told  by military friends the whole point was to establish a military presence in the ME so ...

If the world gives you melons, you might be dyslexic
: [1]  
« previous next »
: