Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:25:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  The Ducky Race
« previous next »
: [1]
: The Ducky Race  ( 3514 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 03, 2004, 08:23:14 AM »

Hi All,

Well, I received a note from one of our new residents in town who had seen the signs around that said "Ducky Race."  Having been a resident here for many years, she figured I would know just what it was all about.  Well, I'm aware of the "Ducky Race" and that it is a fund raiser for the Rec Park, but just how it works, I don't know.

Soooooooooooo, I went to one of the people who has lived here all of his life and asked him, "Just how does the Ducky Race work???"  He knew the overall, but not the actual details and suggested another name for me to go to.  I emailed that individual, but never heard back, so assume the embarrassment was too great for him to respond and tell me he didn't know either.

Who should I go to??? - Well, I stopped in to see Rick Hogle at The Fairfax Pharmacy and he explained to me that everyone who buys a ticket has the number put on a little plastic duck.  All these little plastic ducks are placed in the Lamoille River just below the Fairfax Falls and the first ones to cross the finish line down by Boutins are the winners.  The numbers on the duckys determine the amount of money won by the ticket holder with that number.

Apparently, not just the newer individuals don't know exactly what the "Ducky Race" is, even though it has been held here in Fairfax for a number of years.

Have a great day,
Henry

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: