Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:50:31 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  General
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Across The Fence Recipes
« previous next »
: [1]
: Across The Fence Recipes  ( 7808 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 08, 2009, 10:07:16 AM »

Don't know how many of you ever watch Across The Fence, but it is an old, old show that comes on right after the noon news on Channel 3.  Every once in a while they have a cooking show.  If I remember right, back many years ago, Phyllis Soule may have been on it.  It is connected with The UVM Extension Service.  Was watching it the other day and they had a bunch of slow cooking recipes.  Appears you can even make a cake or even bake bread in your slow cooker.  You can check it out if interested on The Internet at:

http://www.uvm.edu/extension/?Page=across.php

Henry Raymond
Sue W.
: 167

« #1 : September 08, 2009, 07:10:12 PM »

I saw this program.  It was very interesting, even bread can be in the crock pot.  I use mine a lot in the winter.  It is nice to come home from work to a warm dinner, or any dinner already made.

BTW, Across the Fence is the longest running show of its kind in the US.  One of our library patrons, who works at UVM Extension, brought this to my attention.  It really is a good program.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: