Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:23:35 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Thoughts & Musings From Pastor Liz
| | |-+  I Read the News today, oh boy.
« previous next »
: [1]
: I Read the News today, oh boy.  ( 5520 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : August 23, 2009, 06:48:36 PM »

Today  (Sunday) I read in the Free Press about that group from Kansas coming to Vermont to hold protests at various high school and synagogues and other places related to the Jewish faith.  As a Christian--at least I strive to be one--I am both appalled and embarrassed that a group of people calling themselves Christian travel about spewing hate.
 While I understand the position of the principal of Montpelier High School in regard to counter-protests, I believe that all of us who cannot fathom even saying what they say, should protest by taking the time to bear witness to the fundamental tenet of the  faith which is found in Deuteronomy 6--that we should love the lord our God with all our heart and soul and mind, and,  as amended by Jesus, and love our neighbors as ourselves.  We all must take the time to bear witness to the power of faith--Jewish, Christian, Moslem--to bring about God's shalom in our world.  We must all strive to do and say and be those things that help create a world in which all of God's people can live with each other without rancor or hate or divisiveness.  Every day, each of us can protest hate-mongers by creating islands of hope wherever we happen to be. 
special ED

« #1 : August 27, 2009, 07:27:33 PM »

I struggle with this everyday
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« #2 : August 28, 2009, 08:39:04 AM »

Amen, Brother!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: