Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:54:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  A Little Maple Street History
« previous next »
: [1]
: A Little Maple Street History  ( 4849 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 10, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »

Got the following note from Bev (Luman) Raburn:

Henry,

You made me think-OH WOW-the house that Lavallee's owned was bought from Billado--I remember him as an older man-but then I was young - Don't know if he was related to any others in town. (Anyone know which Billado that Bev is talking about?)

My folks bought their house (The brown house on the right just before the covered bridge on Maple Street) from Bessie and Basil Ryan. It didn't have an inside bathroom and my folks paid ONLY $3000 for it.

Mr. Ryan used to sit in his chair at the window closest to the porch (if it is still there) with his spittoon.  I used to visit them before we moved there.  There were two living rooms and he was laid out  in the one nearest the drive-  When we first moved in it felt really odd to me.

Okay-enough of my RAMBLINGS..
Bev

From my own remembrances, William Wells used to live in the house across the street from The Luman House just before the bridge.  The Wells house is a very oddly built house.

Henry Raymond
Mike Raburn
: 2565

« #1 : September 05, 2009, 11:41:41 PM »

Jeez,

I JUST saw this.

The former owner be laid out in that room explains a lot now!

Actually, I liked that room near the "front" porch.  Very calming.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: