Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:32:27 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Vermont News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Vermont Fire Fighter Killed
« previous next »
: [1]
: Vermont Fire Fighter Killed  ( 4587 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 07, 2009, 08:19:05 AM »

A Vermont firefighter responding to a car accident died when a fire truck rolled over him as it was backing up.

Vermont State Police say John Horton, Marlboro Fire Department assistant chief, responded to a single car rollover Thursday afternoon.  He and the fire truck driver, Anthony Gordon, decided to move the truck out of the way for an ambulance.

Police say Gordon saw Horton in his rear view mirror and backed up. He said he didn't see the Horton again, and pulled the truck forward. When Gordon exited the truck, that's when police say he saw Horton lying on the ground.

The 51-year-old Horton, of Marlboro, was taken to Brattleboro Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 08, 2009, 07:30:58 AM »

The following information came from The Burlington Free Press:  http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/

Firefighter hit by truck had medical problem

MARLBORO, Vt. (AP) — Police say it's likely a 68-year-old Marlboro firefighter who died Thursday suffered some sort of medical event that caused him to fall behind a fire truck as it was being backed up at an accident scene.

The Vermont State Police says that Marlboro Assistant Chief John Horton suffered severe traumatic injuries after being run over by a wheel of a town fire truck that had responded to a traffic accident.

The cause of death is listed as blunt force trauma and coronary artery disease.

Police say driver Anthony Gordon saw Horton in his rear view mirror, but when he didn't see Horton again, he found him lying on the ground.

Horton was pronounced dead at a hospital.

The investigation is continuing.
« : August 08, 2009, 07:33:08 AM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: