Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:32:29 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  rabies bait drop
« previous next »
: [1]
: rabies bait drop  ( 2288 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : August 06, 2009, 07:02:57 AM »

Recently I received notice from the Vermont Commissioner of Health that the rabies vaccine bait drop will take place in August.  Several counties in the state have been chosen including Franklin County in which all towns will receive the bait. This will be the 13th year the bait drop has taken place in Vermont.

The bait drop program is designed to keep rabies from spreading across the US/Canadian border. In rural areas the bait is dropped from low flying planes and in residential areas it is placed by hand in places where it will most likely be found by wild animals. The bait should not be used as a vaccine for domestic animals.

Careful testing done according to federal regulations has been completed and the Health Commissioner expects no adverse health effects for people or pets that may inadvertently come into contact with the bait. But if you find some of this bait, the advice is not to touch it: leave it alone.

Expect the bait drop to occur during the month of August in our communities of Georgia and Fairfax.  For more information contact Public Health Veterinarian Dr. Bob Johnson at 802-863-7240 or contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of Representatives

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: