Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:51:49 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 7/31/09 and Blog- Twitter
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 7/31/09 and Blog- Twitter  ( 2259 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : July 30, 2009, 11:27:27 PM »

Picture of the Day July 31, 2009

Going through a tunnel outside of Montreal as we were heading to Edelweiss two weeks ago.

TWITTER
Today's society is obsessed with the exploits of the self-indulgent meanderings and blogs of self important people who feel it is everyone's business to know what they are doing.
.....by the way, we are racing up at Granby and Drummondville this weekend, up in Canada, which means I can't give up-to-the-minute reports from the tracks.......I will post stuff when I get home...........

I'll pause a minute so you can stop snickering.

One website allow us to keep track of friends and family, another allows us to read the quick thoughts of total strangers or celebrities.
Facebook allows us to connect with classmates, old friends that we haven't seen in eons, family members, and community members.
We talk about how our day is going, what kind of music we are currently listening to, what we had for supper, how drunk we got the night before, etc., etc., etc.

Twitter, on the other hand, allows us to tap into the thoughts of news people, celebrities, and complete strangers. Twitter is great through the iPhone. I get complete updates from people I am following. With Facebook, on the iPhone I only get a few updates from friends and family. I do better with Facebook on the regular computer.
With Twitter, I get news headlines from WCAX and CNN. Sports headlines from ESPNNEWS. I follow Scott Kurtz, who does PvP, an onlne comic strip. Formula 1 driver Jensen Button is doing a triathalon this weekend. Eliza Dusku is talking about filming the new season of Dollhouse. Gerard Way, lead singer for My Chemical Romance, is talking about being in the studio working on songs.

I am more likely to post something on Facebook than I am Twitter. Basically, I would be posting the same thing twice.

In either case, you are getting instant information on people, places. and things. Today's technology continues to amaze me. No telling what we be doing 5-10 years from now.

I almost forgot, we also have a couple of websites that you can check up-to-minute happenings in town. Or their thoughts on everyday happenings.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: