Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:27:58 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Thoughts & Musings From Pastor Liz
| | |-+  On Wings of Eagles
« previous next »
: [1]
: On Wings of Eagles  ( 4020 )
Rev. Elizabeth
: 1286

« : July 30, 2009, 03:23:46 PM »

This is the second time it happened.  I was at the post office, talking to Chris Santee, wondering why I was stupidly sitting in my hot car, reading my bills, when I looked up, and there it was again.  A male bald eagle.  He was unmistakable as he dipped into the wind and the sunlight glistened on his white head and white tail.  It was impossible not to watch him as he circled higher and higher until he was barely visible.  He seemed to be following the river, though I could have been wanting him to be doing that.   Chris and I were mesmerized by his grace and beauty and might. 

The last time I saw him was Saturday afternoon when I was enjoying the wonderful music of the Alzona Watson Band at Art in Bloom.  Again he seemed to suddenly appear, and then soar higher and higher as he drifted off into the sky.  Perhaps there is a nest somewhere.   

Watch the skies for an opportunity to be awed by beauty!
: [1]  
« previous next »
: