Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:20:15 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Local Motocross racer on WCAX tonight
« previous next »
: [1]
: Local Motocross racer on WCAX tonight  ( 4286 )
mxdave
: 74

« : July 27, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »

Local Motocross Rider Krista Yergeau will be highlighted on the Eye on Sports section of the six O'clock news tonight.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : July 27, 2009, 09:43:49 AM »

I will watch for it Dave, but if you catch it before be sure to post.  Hopefully they will post the video - Unfortunately, Steve Hensel had quite an accomplishment, but I haven't been able to find it in any newspaper or on their websites.

Henry Raymond
mxdave
: 74

« #2 : July 27, 2009, 10:33:19 AM »

Thanks Henry,
     They said it would be on there Website as well. I will keep an eye out for it.
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : July 27, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »

Couldn't find the story, but here it is from the News Script:

The gates have dropped on the 39th summer of racing at Rider Hill in Derby this year.... And with that, over 200 racers from the Vermont Motocross Association take to the track and give themselves the ultimate test....

KRISTA YERGEAU - "This is more of an individual sport and it's all you. You get out of it what you put into it."

For riders like Krista and Sheldon, Vermont's Dan Dodd, what they do get out of the sport is a great deal of pride and accomplishment. They willingly spend their summer weekends at the track racing not for money and fame but to have fun with people that share a penchant for the extreme....

DODD - "I like the freedom. You can practice whenever you want and surround yourself with people crazy like me."

Whether crazy or not, the motocross community is a tight-knit bunch as most of the racers are second or even third-generation riders.... 8 year old Brady Hill of Middlesex is one-such legacy....

HILL - "My dad liked it when I was like 5 and he kind of got me started in it."

MAGOWAN - "It's such a great atmosphere. There are so many families that come here and start kids when they're 4 or 5 years old. It's just a great family culture here."

GUGLIOTTA - "For now, Rider Hill is the only motocross track in Vermont, but both riders and organizers hope the high excitement of the sport helps spread it's popularity throughout the state."

KRISTA YERGEAU - "It's great. You see these people flying through the air and kicking up roost and battling each other and it's exciting."

DAVID YERGEAU - "You get the adrenaline flow when you're watching it so we hope more and more people come up to see what we're all about."

And if you do, you may never want to go back .... In Derby, Tony Gugliotta, Channel 3 Spotlight on Sports.

Ok Dave,  This is the best I could do with my Yankee Ingenuity:

« : July 27, 2009, 09:51:56 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #4 : July 27, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »

OK, until they post it on their web site guess we will have to live with this.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : July 28, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: