Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:06:23 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  2010 elections
« previous next »
: [1]
: 2010 elections  ( 5991 )
edakrupp

« : July 07, 2009, 07:28:57 AM »

The 2010 elections should be very interesting the Republicans are out en masse to 'correct the balance of power' and the Democrats are going to be fighting tooth and nail to hold on. Everyones vote will be critically important. Local and National positions , there's going to be big turn over.

I hope everyone like myself who is non partisan does their research and forms an educated opinion, and not just jump on the party band wagon.
« : July 07, 2009, 07:40:21 AM Henry »
rdmapes
: 59

« #1 : July 07, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »

Good Evening,
If each State sends back the current folks back to DC we will not see any change in fiscal responsibility.

Ron
edakrupp

« #2 : July 08, 2009, 06:35:36 AM »

Fiscal responsibility is everyones top priority I'm sure. How could it not be seeing how Bush got us into such a huge rut.

It's time to get serious and start cutting excess spending in all departments! personally I think they should start researching corruption and price exploitation in the pharmaceutical industry. I'm sure they could lower the price of drugs.

And I'm all for putting caps on some of those outrageous salaries and bonuses. Enough is enough! It's time to focus on our country and needs to rebuild our honor and pride, and build strong businesses large and small, and get that good old American Pride back! We have the talent we just need the motivation.
Loctavious
: 559

Follow The White Rabbit

« #3 : July 08, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »

Uggghhhh  edakrupp, regulating private business practices is a double-edge sword.  You've got a lot of folks on both sides of the aisle, who are feeling the same about how big government is getting.  I'm not saying that some of the moves weren't needed - it's letting some of these Financial Giants be RUN PRIVATELY - that got us in trouble.  But it's kinda like Church and State - some things NEED to be kept separate in order to coexist.

I agree though, I don't care who you are or what you did, NO WAY IN HELL should a CEO receive multi-million dollar bonuses if their company is tanking - doesn't anyone else see that as a serious breach of ethics?

As far Fiscal responsibility - I don't - we'll have to agree to disagree there.  To be fiscally responsible would infer having a system that works and thus allows for growth.  Right now - we've got ONE HELL OF A MESS to clean up before we can think about trying to be fiscally responsible.  I'd love to see the private sector bail us out of this mess we're in - but as we've all seen, without confidence - no one is going to lift a finger to do anything.  Thus, Uncle Sam has to step up when no one else will.
« : July 08, 2009, 10:16:10 AM Henry »

"Conservatives see any progress outside of what they approve of as the 'liberal agenda'.  Apparently no one told them they and what they think aren't any better than the rest of us"

"A closed mind is more dangerous than an ignorant one"
edakrupp

« #4 : July 08, 2009, 01:49:01 PM »

I'm not saying regulate the drug companies, I'm just saying investigate and see where the money leaks are, if so plug em up. To prevent the gov. from taking over the medical mess, which may be inevitable, perhaps they should look into where the price gauging is coming from and put a stop to it. Insurance companies are out of control, drug companies are out of control ad administrative prices are out of control, perhaps if we brought everything back to normal price point, things would be easier on the patient bill side of things.

Fiscal responsibility is a very vague term, but if we started to investigate where in inflamed wages are going and put a stop to it perhaps we could bring the balance back to the middle.
rdmapes
: 59

« #5 : July 09, 2009, 04:25:48 AM »

Good Morning,
I see Bush listed, business executives, but no Sanders, Welch, Leahy or any other Rep or Sen. What is really cool is that Bush is not the only member of the government that spends money. The Congress writes a budget, has to approve where the money goes. Now of course the President has Tzars/Czars (depending on the spelling), these guys are not accountable to anyone but the President. Our man Obama has more then any other president.  In the end more then the President is responsible for the problem(s) we are having.

Ron
dearon
: 233

« #6 : July 09, 2009, 08:50:45 AM »

Everyone has a hand in this economy, the crisis is global.  Not one person or business alone is responsible but collectively we all are.  The oil companies ......now that to me is where we should start.  I don't know if anyone went to the Burlington area on the 3rd of July but gas was at 2.69 per gallon in the afternoon up From 2.63 in the morning and on the 5th it was 2.59  WTH  if that isn't price fixing I don't know what is.  Yet the government allows this to go on along with many, many other little tricks that all add up to the consumer getting the short end of the stick.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: