Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:57:31 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  Not Much Left To The Old Log Cabin On Shepardson Hollow Road
« previous next »
: [1]
: Not Much Left To The Old Log Cabin On Shepardson Hollow Road  ( 3870 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 01, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »

Tom Snyder took me over to the Falls today and on our way back we stopped at the Old Log Cabin on The Shepardson Hollow Road.  The porch roof as you can see has fallen over and grass, ferns and bushes have pretty much taken over the cabin.  The last known owner I knew was John Bouthiliette.  The last known resident I knew was Phil Jones, an Englishman, who according to Larry Parsons had been a Male Nurse who was born in Liverpool, England on April 1, 1882 and died here in Fairfax on July 10, 1958 at the age of 76.  Phil is buried in Sanderson Corners Cemetery on The Fletcher Road.  Larry had written a little story on Phil, who everybody in town knew, but few actually knew that he had been a Male Nurse.  Unfortunately, Larry's story went the way of much of my other information on one of my long gone computers.  I do know that the story appeared in one of the editions of The Fairfax News and maybe Carrie, Larry's wife has a copy of it.
« : July 21, 2009, 12:40:04 PM Henry »

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: