Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:55:36 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  Hmmm... What does this mean?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hmmm... What does this mean?  ( 2714 )
rdmapes
: 59

« : July 01, 2009, 05:36:51 AM »

"Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Thus the beneficiaries are spared the shame and danger that their acts would otherwise involve... But how is this legal plunder to be identified? Quite simply. See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them and gives it to the other persons to whom it doesn't belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish that law without delay ... No legal plunder; this is the principle of justice, peace, order, stability, harmony and logic."

--Frederic Bastiat

« : July 01, 2009, 06:49:31 AM Henry »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: