Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:19:18 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Vermont News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Al's French Fries Working On Exception For Keeping Sign
« previous next »
: [1]
: Al's French Fries Working On Exception For Keeping Sign  ( 4742 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : June 02, 2009, 07:00:11 AM »

South Burlington is enforcing its sign regulations after a grace period was given.  Al's French Fries might just qualify, as I would say it is probably one of the oldest businesses in South Burlington besides Greers.

Bill Bissonette, co-owner of Al’s French Frys, said he would consider getting his business recognized as a state or national historic site, if the council would consider absolving such sites from certain sign regulations. City Planner Paul Connor recommended the council consider Bissonette’s proposal.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : June 02, 2009, 09:47:42 AM »

South Burlington's City Council has suspended the deadline on an ordinance limiting the size of road signs.

The ordinance aims to improve the aesthetics and limit distractions along the big strip development on Williston Road. Originally, businesses had until Wednesday to remove noncompliant signs or pay a daily fine. The Sheraton Burlington Hotel and Conference Center and Staples have already removed their signs. But Monday night, the owners of Al's French Frys, Airport Grocery and an office building on Patchen Road asked the Council to reconsider. The Council agreed to revisit the ordinance, which could take months. In the meantime the signs can stay up.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: