Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:10:05 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  DOUG WEBB'S AWARD IN PHOTOS
« previous next »
: [1]
: DOUG WEBB'S AWARD IN PHOTOS  ( 2071 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : September 26, 2005, 06:06:16 PM »

VERMONT LEAGUE OF CITIES AND TOWNS PRESENTS LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD TO J. DOUGLAS (DOUG) WEBB

Doug Webb and his daughter Linda Willmott,  just prior to leaving for Killington.

Governor Jim Douglas Speaks to the group at the Vermont League of Cities & Towns in Killington - Doug is sitting just at the right of the podium.

Senator Jim Condos from South Burlington presenting the award to Doug.

Eighty-three (83) year old Doug accepting the award -Doug was very modest in accepting the award, stating that "There are a lot of people around the state who deserve credit and never get any for the work they do, I guess I just lived longer."   Webb said there are a few rules he lives by that keep him engaged in the community. "Just keep going," he said.   "There are things to do everyday. You've got to keep going or else you don't last very long. Also, you don't accomplish much alone, You've got to have the cooperation of other people."

Doug Webb shown with his Lifetime Achievement Award.

The Quilt in process from Vermont Towns, missing Fairfax, Fletcher & Westford -- Hopefully next year they will be incorporated in the quilt.

(Doug's quotes were taken from a phone interview Lee Kahars, Messenger Staff Writer had with him for an article in Thursday's Edition of The Messenger)

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: