Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:01:06 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Political Issues/Comments
| | |-+  school tax rates
« previous next »
: [1]
: school tax rates  ( 2476 )
Carolyn Branagan
: 365

« : May 11, 2009, 08:47:04 AM »

One of the last actions of the House of Representatives was to act on H12, An Act Relating to Education Property Tax Rates. The bill lowered the Homestead tax rate from the statutory rate of $1.10 to 86 cents and lowered the Non-Resident rate from $1.59 to $1.35. These are the rates that most school boards in the state were using for the school budget votes in March. The bill also sets the per pupil base payment rate at $8,544 for FY2010 and FY2011.

I plan to make sure our local boards here in the Franklin-1 legislative district, Fairfax and Georgia, understand that the bill sets the per pupil base payment rate for both years; there will not be a base payment increase for FY2011. The state payment will be the same for both years and if local boards want to raise spending in FY2011, it means the increase in tax will all fall on the local property tax rate. The state will not pay for the local decision to raise spending in FY2011. Governor Douglas is expected to sign this into law.

Contact me at cbranagan@leg.state.vt.us

Rep. Carolyn Branagan
Franklin-1, Fairfax/Georgia
Vermont House of  Representatives

« : May 11, 2009, 09:09:39 AM Carolyn Branagan »

Carolyn Branagan
: [1]  
« previous next »
: