Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:12:50 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tree Planting Photos
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tree Planting Photos  ( 2155 )
gkmcnall
: 130

« : May 04, 2009, 09:42:12 PM »

The BFA-Fairfax varsity and junior varsity football teams participated in a community service project on Saturday, May 2nd.  Over 30 volunteers participated in Greening Up Fairfax by planting over 100 trees.  A few players went door-to-door at the Senior Housing adjacent to the rec path donating seedlings; others dug holes, planted, watered, and tagged each tree.  If you are down at the rec park, take a look.  They are planted alongside the tree line where the bleachers are stored.  Many were planted by the riverside where in time, perhaps a shaded area will be for future park visitors.

katrinaantonovich
: 162

« #1 : May 05, 2009, 07:39:53 AM »

Great Job! Also should be noted that Karen McNall got the trees donated and hopefully we will have a beautiful shaded picnic  areas in the future.
K
: [1]  
« previous next »
: