Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:25:25 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Tales Of Our Community
| | |-+  Looking For Fairfax Ghost Stories
« previous next »
: [1]
: Looking For Fairfax Ghost Stories  ( 7860 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 16, 2009, 11:05:41 AM »

Janet Bonneau is exploring the idea of writing a series of ghost stories relating to Lake Champlain and Rte. 7, and wondered if you might know of any 'ghosts,'  'ghost sightings,' and, in general, haunted areas in the surrounding areas of the Champlain Valley, which might include Fairfax?

She is aware the child ghosts who supposedly haunt the Highgate Manor, but is just casting her writer's net to find out any information that might be useful for this project.

Henry Raymond
special ED

« #1 : March 17, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »

I can tell you of one place in cambrige village that is haunted,in the basement there are 2 grave stones that are laying flat side by side under the stairs ,and everytime I have to go there the hairs on my neck stand up,there is only one light bulb down there and I swear I see shadows moving
tfence
: 257

« #2 : March 17, 2009, 04:54:59 PM »

I had some guests over around Christmas time. They had a couple of dogs with them. My house is 1837. The dogs stayed up all night keeping my guests up. They swear my house is haunted. They heard doors closing and all sorts of noises. I my self haven't heard much I sleep in a part of the house that is newer. My kids sleep through everything they are teenagers. I did pull out the Ouija board and asked it how many people died in my home it said 8. I didn't ask it anything else. I am wondering if any records out there knows if 8 is correct.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Henry
Administrator

« #3 : March 17, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »

Tom, don't know if the number 8 is right or not, but if you would like to see the previous owners of the house, starting in 1845, click on the following link:

Henry Raymond
tfence
: 257

« #4 : March 18, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »

I noticed a Dr Reynolds owned the house. Does anyone know if he practiced out of the house and what kind of Doctor he was.

We are here for all your Outdoor Living Needs.
visit us at http://feerickfence.com/
also check us out on facebook
Henry
Administrator

« #5 : March 18, 2009, 11:13:18 AM »

Dr. Reynolds was a regular practitioner.  He was the father of Old Andrew King's wife, grandfather to Everett King.  I have seen many a document with his signature at the Fairfax Town Office.  Everett King might be familiar where his office was.

Henry Raymond
dearon
: 233

« #6 : June 04, 2009, 05:26:28 PM »

Have Janet call me, I got a ghost story or two to tell her about Fairfax and Georgia and don't want to post it here
: [1]  
« previous next »
: