Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:41:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Alleged Shooter In Police Custody
« previous next »
: [1]
: Alleged Shooter In Police Custody  ( 2782 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : August 19, 2005, 10:20:36 AM »

Police Arrest Alleged Shooter After Chase

POSTED: 9:30 am EDT August 19, 2005
Channel 5 News Reports

SHELDON, Vt. -- An alleged shooter was in police custody Friday morning.

Police said two 911 calls came in from someone at the Harness House on East Sheldon Road at about 3 a.m. Friday.

In transit to check on the calls, police came across a speeding red car, which was driven by Timothy Callon.

A chase ensued, with speeds reaching up to 85 mph, before Callon lost control and hit a telephone poll.

Police believe Callon is the shooter at the Harness House. He was charged with aggravated assault. More charges are pending.

Henry Raymond
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : August 19, 2005, 11:45:50 AM »

Arrest Made in Sheldon Shooting as reported this noon by Channel 3 News:

Sheldon, Vermont - August 19, 2005

A Sheldon man is in jail after pleading not guilty to charges in connection with a shooting early this morning.

Police say around three this morning 33-year-old Timothy Callan drove by the home of Billie Harrness and fired a shot into the house. The bullet struck a piece of furniture.

Authorities say Callan turned his vehicle around and then began firing more shots at the residence. None of them hit the home and no one was injured.

After a brief police chase, Callan crashed his car into a telephone poll. A high-power rifle was seized from the vehicle. Callan was then placed under arrest.

"I don't remember why I did it, I don't like the Harrness's," said Callan as he was put into a police cruiser.

Police are investigating whether this morning's shooting was in retaliation for the murder last month of Kenny Jerome, a friend of Callan's.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: