Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:44:59 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 2/16/09 and Blog-Daytona Review
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 2/16/09 and Blog-Daytona Review  ( 4539 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 15, 2009, 11:29:37 PM »

Picture of the Day February 16, 2009

Thinking of summer....................

2009 DAYTONA 500 REVIEW
Posted for Monday February 16th...................
Matt Kenseth was crying in Victory Lane while Elliot Sadler sat in the car hauler, eating his driver's helmet.
If the caution had come out one lap earlier, Sadler would have won, instead of finishing 5th. Such is racing luck.
Maybe it's just me....................
But if the roles had been reversed, and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. had blocked Brian Vickers, and Vickers hit Junior and caused the big wreck, Vickers would have sat on pit road for five laps for rough riding, and DW would not have been making excuses for him. When the accident happened, my first thought was-"Earnhadt's done. They are going to park him.". Nope. It was a racing accident.
I'm happy for Kenseth. He's a really nice guy. Wished it could have gone the distance, but oh well.
Tony Stewart had a top 10, so I was happy for him.
California next week. Interesting to see how many cars show up and how many fans are in the stands.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #1 : February 16, 2009, 11:55:49 AM »

The race should have continued after the rain...I wanted to see Mark Martin win! (Yeah..sour grapes!)

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : February 16, 2009, 01:38:14 PM »

According to Mike Joy in the post-race show, Mike Helton of NASCAR stopped by and explained the situation. The radar showed rain for the next 90 minutes, then with all the humidity, it would have been 11pm by the time the race could have re-started.
Back in the day, the race used to start at noon or 12:15. Had that happened, they would have gotten the race in. But now, with the lights, they like to run later in the day. More TV audience. A 12:30 start west coast time, compared to a 9am start.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: