Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:21:48 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 2/13/09 and Blog-Water!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 2/13/09 and Blog-Water!  ( 3272 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 13, 2009, 12:44:29 AM »

Picture of the Day February 13, 2009

A very foggy Thursday morning

WATER!!!
The rain from Wednesday night had run off and was coming down Mill Brook on top of the ice that was there. The brook hadn't "gone out" per se.
The fog was quite the sight Thursday morning. I was walking up to go do errands, and turned around, and the village was gone. When I got up on the Plains, there wasn't the fog up there, and it had cleared out by the time I came back down the hill.
Now, as midnight approaches, we got a little more than a dusting of snow.
I guess there was an ice jam on the Lamoille River up in Montgomery. All that stuff will be heading our way soon.

BREAKING NEWS
At midnight, I was set to watch Supernatural, but it was a repeat. So I started jumping around the dial. Came upon CNN, and learned of a Continental Airlines commuter fright from Newark to Buffalo crashed into a suburb of Buffalo, called Clarence Center. It took out one house. The occupants were not home. 44 passengers on board plus 4 crew. 48 total on plane. Reports of one dead that was not on plane. Unbelievable pictures from the scene. Crash occurred 10:20pm Thursday night.
A lot more will be forthcoming Friday.
Not a great way to start Friday the 13th.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: