Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:07 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Professional Firefighters Of Vermont
« previous next »
: [1]
: Professional Firefighters Of Vermont  ( 11833 )
7F24
: 253

« : February 11, 2009, 08:41:57 PM »

I got my semi-annual phone call today trying to get me to donate money to the Professional Firefighters of Vermont.  I started asking questions and was told that 42% of the money they raise is used to raise money.  I asked if he wanted to donate to the Fairfax Fire Department, he told me to have a nice day and hung up.  If anyone wants to donate money to a fire department, donate directly to that department.  That way 100% of the money is used for firefighting equipment, not fund raising.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 11, 2009, 10:13:35 PM »

My son-in-law is on a fire department in the Southern part of the state and he advised us to do the same.  Support Local.

Henry Raymond
Chris Santee
: 2653

« #2 : February 12, 2009, 07:20:16 AM »

If someone wants to donate to the Fairfax Fire Department,
where should they send a check ???

Take Care & God Bless,
             chris
csantee@myfairpoint.net
(802) 849-2758
(802) 782-0406 cell
www.TheFairfaxNews.com
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #3 : February 12, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »

There are several choices.

Drop it off at the Fire Station any Tuesday night, Deliver it to any officer so we can THANK YOU in person. Remember the Department is owned by everyone in town and we love to see people stop by and see what we have, what we need, and what we do.

Mail it to me at home

Dean Potter
1729 Cambridge Rd.
Cambridge Vt 05444

Mail it to the Fire Station

Fairfax Fire Dept.
5-201 Goodal St.
Fairfax Vt. 05454

We do trully appreciate any and all donations we receive. And I agree with the earlier posts donate locally. Fairfax is in NO WAY associated with the PFV they are a hand full of Full time departments thru out the state. I have questioned them on the phone and never gotten very good answers to where they use the money to help our area at all.
slpott
: 457

« #4 : February 12, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »

Another great way to support the fire department is to join us at the 3rd annual "Art in Bloom" Festival. We hope for this to become not only a wonderful town function but a valuable fund raiser for the FFD. Bring the whole family and enjoy good food and music. Thanks you for your support.
logical
: 141

« #5 : February 12, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »

Good to have the heads up that they're calling again.  I usually get one of their calls as well.  I will ask them if they want to donate to Fairfax Fire Department and see what they say!
NorthFairfaxBoy
: 346

« #6 : February 12, 2009, 12:40:24 PM »

There should be a little clarification as to what the use the money for.  They of course have the concerts, but they also use the money for fire safety items, coloring books, little fire helmets, etc....
They also use the funds to sponsor classes that ANY firefighter in Vermont can attend, usually at little or no cost.  They do provide a good service to ALLVermont fire departments, providing a voice at the State House and Washington DC.  So before asking "What's in it for me/us", make sure you do all the home work.

And the people doing the calls are strictly telemarketers...they have nothing to do with the firefighters.

Brian Farris

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
7F24
: 253

« #7 : February 12, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »

Brian,

"So before asking "What's in it for me/us", make sure you do all the home work."

I understand what you are saying, my point is about 42% of the money goes to the fund raisers.  I didn't say to just give to Fairfax Fire, I said give directly to the department you want to donate to, that way ALL the money goes to that department.  I'd rather see my money buy the equipment we need.  If we want to buy little hats and coloring books we can do that on our own.
Julie & 6pt Dave
: 179

« #8 : February 12, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »

Another way to donate to some of Fairfax’s finest and have a great time doing it is to buy a ticket to the annual Calcutta. Let’s see:
•   You contribute to a good cause
•   Keep the money working in our community
•   Mingle with your fellow community members
•   Have some good food and dirnk
•   AND who knows you may even be a winner

Of course I’m not suggesting that you wait until October to donate.  If you like you could give now and give later.  Or maybe someone could sell you a ticket early !!

To all the members of our Fire and Rescue teams”

Thanks for all you do
: [1]  
« previous next »
: