Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:45:59 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  A QUIET SUNDAY IN FAIRFAX - MARCH 28, 2004
« previous next »
: [1]
: A QUIET SUNDAY IN FAIRFAX - MARCH 28, 2004  ( 3722 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : March 29, 2004, 07:30:39 AM »

Hi all,

First off, you will notice if you go to my main web site (HOME) at the top of the page that I finally got all of the births and marriages updated since last August. Those of us who have lived in town for quite some time will find that there are relatively few people we know who got married or had young babies.

When I looked around the church this past Sunday, I realized, there are truly many members that I have no idea who they are.  Many I know by sight, but have no idea who they are.  We voted for members on the Parish Council, but even there, there was one individual that I had no idea who he was.  Several years ago we had a parish directory printed, which was an attempt to get all of our families photographed and published in the directory.  It was truly a big help in getting to know people, especially when one has no kids in school or catechism.  St. Luke’s has 5 different masses, so if one goes to a different mass on a particular Sunday, that’s where you see the new faces.

As I drove down to Mass this past Sunday, and drove by the United Church, I wondered if they have similar problems, although they do have just one service here in town each Sunday, so that may ease the problem.

Anyhow, I’m going to be tracking the visitors to the Birth and Marriage Sites, to see if it is worth the effort.  Maybe it’s a sign of age, but the death site gets a lot of viewers.  I have received notes from people across the country that have spent an entire evening reading the obituaries on that site.  What is actually more surprising is that the Cemetery Listing Site is used the most.  We are one of the few towns that have such a listing on the Internet.

On to another subject.  Yesterday, which was a beautiful day indeed, I decided I would go downtown and check out the Lamoille River to see if it was threatening in any way.  Not only did I find the Lamoille River non-threatening, the whole village was very quiet and peaceful.  I saw three people working on a fence at the old Orton Place and a father and his two kids playing in the school parking lot.  Other than that I saw a couple of kids riding around their yards on their tricycles.

The falls was absolutely beautiful as the water rushed over it making a loud roaring sound and the Lamoille River, although muddy, was also peaceful and it was great to observe, knowing that it was not threatening any damage as a result of the spring thaws.  

You may view the photos by clicking on Photo Gallery at the top of the page or by clicking on the link below:

http://www.vtgrandpa.com/photos/

Have a great day,
Henry

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: