Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:44:03 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day 2/11/09 and Blog-My Two Cents
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day 2/11/09 and Blog-My Two Cents  ( 4685 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 11, 2009, 01:14:32 AM »

Picture of the Day February 11, 2009

The New Year's Resolution sign is gone. Finally.

MY TWO CENTS
It seems to me that if you do a random drug test for substances that are not illegal at the time, how can you then turn around and start throwing people under the bus?
Major League Baseball conducted a test back in 2003, to see if any players were using steriods. A number were, 103 or 104 players. So, baseball started banning steriods from the game. Players agreed to be tested, and since then, some players were caught and punished. You currently have the whole Barry Bonds/BALCO ordeal, and the Mitchell Report, which doomed Roger Clemens. Supposedly.
Now, instead of destroying the test results, they open the box, and start naming names. A-Rod is the first one.
Should the rest be named? You might as well. How much more damage to the game can you do? You already outed the top player.
I watched a lot of ESPN2 Tuesday. One guy was really funny. "You use steroids when you were with the Rangers, then stopped when you joined the Yankees. Why stop? Why not continue? At least we would have had a World Series to show for it!"
This is one of those times where maybe I'm not an expert on the whole story.
It just seems, if you fry one, fry everyone. If not, A-Rod just got royally screwed.
And he came clean, for the most part. He took an banned substance. But didn't say which one.
This could get ugly.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Suzy
: 429

« #1 : February 11, 2009, 06:56:12 AM »

What was the New Year's Resolution sign?
MikeF9
: 1994

« #2 : February 11, 2009, 08:58:17 AM »

VTrans put up a sign just before New Years. Apparently, other people around the country have been able to get into the control box and change the wording. I think in someone in California changed one to read "ZOMBIES AHEAD". I'm not smart enough to do that. I would have changed ours to "WELCOME TO FAIRFAX", or something bland.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
: [1]  
« previous next »
: