Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:07:37 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day-2/5/09 and blog-Odds and Ends
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day-2/5/09 and blog-Odds and Ends  ( 4404 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 05, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »

PICTURE OF THE DAY-FEBRUARY 5, 2009

Another shot of the tracks on the ice on the Lamoille River from Tuesday.

ANOTHER EDITION OF "ODDS AND ENDS"

The e-mail switchover had gone OK for me until Wednesday. It gives me my e-mail addressed to my Fairpoint account. But when it checks for the ones coming to my old Verizon account, it won't acknowledge my Verizon password. Not sure if I have to change something or not. Margie reset my account manually on Saturday, because I couldn't log into the Fairpoint e-mail update thingy. Margie is more of a computer whiz than I am.

We lost Dad 19 years ago today(Thursday). An awful day. It really was.
Mom will have been gone 20 years on the 18th.
It really doesn't seem possible. They have been gone for 2/5ths of my life.
February used to give me such high hopes. They were racing in Daytona. Then they were in Richmond, VA, and then Rockingham, NC. If they were racing down south, spring was coming.
But we lost Mom's father on February 3rd. Mom was on the 18th. Dad, the 5th. Speedy Minor was mid-February. Back when, Sara Meade passed away on a Sunday in 1973. Bill Meade was her husband, and they had a son, Mark. They lived on what is now Meade Road. They were the only house on that road for a long time.
Now we try to get through the month as best we can.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : February 05, 2009, 09:12:09 AM »

Mike, it is truly strange how these things go.  January, I look at as our family's bad month and although I probably shouldn't feel that way, I am always relieved when January is over with.  My Dad died on January 4, 1978, Mom on January 9, 1988 and my oldest sister Agnes on January 2, 1999.  They all had long, lingering illnesses and all were very considerate and thoughtful of others.  My thinking has always been that they all waited to die until the holidays were over so they wouldn't ruin it for anybody else.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: