Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:14:02 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax Bloggers
| |-+  Uncle Mike's Thoughts Of The Day
| | |-+  Picture of the Day-2/1/09 and Blog-America's Unofficial National Holiday
« previous next »
: [1]
: Picture of the Day-2/1/09 and Blog-America's Unofficial National Holiday  ( 5671 )
MikeF9
: 1994

« : February 01, 2009, 12:10:34 AM »

Picture of the Day-February 1, 2009

Goodbye Circuit City.

AMERICA'S UNOFFICIAL NATIONAL HOLIDAY

Well, it's Super Bowl time again. Food will be eaten, alcohol will be consumed, and everyone will suffer a hangover at work Monday morning. Can't wait for the Bruce Springsteen half-time show.
Missed last year's for the first time in eons, as we were coming home from East Bay.
Who will win?
Everyone's predicting a Pittsburgh win. If it's a blow-out, Pittsburgh will win. But if it's close, look for an Arizona upset.

Margie and I did some shopping Saturday afternoon, and we payed our respects to Circuit City. I got a few items on sale. The place was a zoo. it's too bad.

Speaking of East Bay, Scott Bonnell and Michael Parent qualified for the A-main Saturday night. Bonnell finshed 13th or 14th and Michael Parent was 24th.

Thank you so much to Henry for helping me figure out how to post pictures on the forum.

I log onto Fairpoint Communications' website, click on "My Account", and a screen comes up with something about a broken link. THEY are having a problem.

In the meantime, I'll be living here. Thanks, Henry!

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
PotterFXFD
: 269

« #1 : February 01, 2009, 02:36:57 PM »

Arizona in a blow out upset.   31-7                                                                                                                                         

Always hate to see anyone go under, but when it is a chain it sure does affect a lot more people.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #2 : February 01, 2009, 02:42:17 PM »

I did buy my new computer tower there - I declined when they offered me a Service Contract - A few complaints on that as they should not have been offering service contracts when it was obvious they were going out of business.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: