Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:30:53 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Purple Loose Strife Control In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Purple Loose Strife Control In Fairfax  ( 2404 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 27, 2005, 11:05:55 AM »

Hi All,

Took Maryann over to Milton this morning to get her hair cut and as I was driving by Steve Ratte's noticed something unusual going on.

Now here I am struggling to get a few flowers going and Steve & Pauline, well they have someone up here trying to help them get rid of some:

Here's the story in a note I got from Steve this morning along with a few pictures:

Purple Loosestrife control

Hi Henry,
This morning two people from the State of VT brought us some tiny visitors.....small bugs to eat up the purple loosestrife next to our lawn....they set out the pots of loosestrife with the beetles, take off the netting and let the bugs do their work. Loosestrife is so evasive, it crowds out other plants and grasses. These people will come back in a month or so to check the bugs work. They work around wetlands too...to keep them out so the cat tails and other wetlands' plants can grow. Now I have something to take up my time (?) keeping an eye on the bugs!! A welcome change in the weather...and some much needed rain . . . Steve

Steve, I and everyone else going by your house will be watching too.  Below are some photos so you can see the soon to disappear flowers ???

Here come the bugs

Placing them strategically

Now Do Your Stuff

Many thanks Steve

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: