Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:39:48 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  FAIRFAX EGG RUN DESPERATELY NEEDS VOLUNTEERS
« previous next »
: [1]
: FAIRFAX EGG RUN DESPERATELY NEEDS VOLUNTEERS  ( 2130 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 24, 2005, 05:50:43 PM »

FAIRFAX EGG RUN & WALK TWO WEEKS AWAY!
The sixth annual, Fairfax exclusive, 5k / 10k road race is two weeks away - Saturday August 6th!  This fun family event is the biggest annual fundraising event for the Fairfax Recreation Path Committee, benefiting the Fairfax Recreation Path and Community Park Project.  Everyone is welcomed to take a 5k (that's about 3 miles) health walk along the Lamoille River on River Road, or jog it for the 5K Run or take the challenge of the 10k run, past River Berry Farm, up and over Chaffee Hill and back to River Road by way of Shepardson Hollow Road.  You can register online http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1226565 or get info and a registration form from http://www.allmotionfitness.com/eggrun.html, by calling 849-6805 or picking up an Egg Run brochure at the local stores or the library.

Not interested in running or walking the race, then PLEASE VOLUNTEER.  We have many opportunities for you to join in the fun by making it all happen.  Volunteers needed as race route marshals, finish line timers, computer entry, food table helpers, registration table helpers, traffic directors and more...  Even if you are registered to race, you can volunteer to help before or after the race.  No volunteer will be turned away!!!  For more information on volunteering for the Egg Run, please call 849-6495.

The Fairfax Community Park is well under construction and the Recreation Path is slated to be installed once the field work is completed this year.  Our Fairfax Recreation Path will be constructed next year the latest, as long as all our donated construction work continues this summer.   Please support the Egg Run & Walk as it directly benefits the completion of the Fairfax Community Park and Recreation Path, something that we all will use and enjoy for many, many years to come.     For more information on the Park Project or to make a donation, please contact Carol Lizotte 827-9723 cal100@educert.com or Myles Cahoon 849-6695 menmy@sover.net .

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: