Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:59:01 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Tree Down At 80 Fletcher Road - De Ja Vous
« previous next »
: [1]
: Tree Down At 80 Fletcher Road - De Ja Vous  ( 1983 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 22, 2005, 08:24:37 PM »

In July 1962 a bad thunderstorm occurred with a few gusts of high winds at this same house at 80 Fletcher Road.  My wife and I and baby daughter had just moved into the house and I was a work and my wife and child were at home alone.

Heavy rains, lightening and wind made the old house creak.  The huge tree in front of the house blew down and a television antenna attached to the front peak of the house also was blown off.  Needless to say, all this happened at once and my wife was scared half out of her wits.

As you can see, several branches grew out of that tree stump and today, 43 years later, the numerous branches form a large tree, part of which blew down today.  From what I could see, some damage was done to the end of the house.  Keven Campbell is seen directing traffic as CVPS repairs the electrical wires that were torn down.  This happened at about 4:45 pm today, Friday, July 22, 2005.

Just a a note of interest, I purchased that house in 1959 which was in need of a great deal of work for a mere $1800.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: