Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:23:35 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Fairfax Fire Lieut. Earns Honors in St. Albans
« previous next »
: [1]
: Fairfax Fire Lieut. Earns Honors in St. Albans  ( 4004 )
HayesFXFD17
: 125

« : January 17, 2009, 10:39:29 AM »

Henry Raymond file photo - From Fairfax Fire Department

St. Albans City Fire department held their annual awards banquette Friday January 16th.  During the presentation Chief Joe Beaudry asked for City Firefighters Jordan Hayes and Lt. David Raymond to procede to the front.  Both men were honored with the "Distinguished Honor Award" for their actions taken during a fatal house fire in September. 

Chief Beaudry explained that they entered a house that was heavily involved in fire with extreme heat and zero visibility to conduct a search for a possible victam.  During their search they did indeed locate the person in the home and were able to remove the patient to awaiting EMS crews outside.  The person unfortunatly did sucomb to their injuries sustained however, if their had been no report of a person missing this was a fire that firefighters may not have ever entered due to the extremely poor conditions. 

This is the second highest honor in the City of St. Albans Fire Department. 
« : January 17, 2009, 11:20:26 AM Henry »
MikeF9
: 1994

« #1 : January 17, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »

Congratulations to both firefighters.

"If women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."-Red Green
Stand Alone Defense
: 771

« #2 : January 17, 2009, 10:47:38 PM »

Congrats Jordan!!! What a true display of Courage.

A veteran is someone who, at one
point in his life, wrote a blank check
made payable to 'The United States of
America ' for an amount of 'up to and including My life.'
: [1]  
« previous next »
: