Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:47:15 AM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Snow Banks and hydrants
« previous next »
: [1]
: Snow Banks and hydrants  ( 2034 )
PotterFXFD
: 269

« : December 24, 2008, 08:03:37 AM »

On my drive home last night I was noticing the Hydrants in the village. Here is my notice for this year. If there is a fire hydrant in front or beside your house, it is there to protect YOUR home or business. Please take the extra couple of minutes to shovel it out so the fire department can get at it if needed. Also watch where your snow is being plowed, I noticed 1 or 2 that have been completly buried under driveway snow piles. Last winter on a couple of our Tuesday night meetings we went around and shoveled them all out. some where all set when we got there and some took a hour of shoveling just to find them.

THANKS FOR THE HELP AND HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT HOLIDAY AND NEW YEAR.                I hope not to see any of you. At least in my position with the Fire Department.

Chief Dean Potter, Fairfax Fire Dept.
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« #1 : December 24, 2008, 08:26:43 AM »

Tim Bessette & Jordan Hayes did this last year along with 6 other members of the Fairfax Fire Department - However, as Dean says, if you are able to do it, by all means, it could be your house you would be saving.

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: