Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:58:12 PM

Posts that, in my personal judgement, create too much conflict in the community, may be deleted - If members repost the same topic, they may be banned from future posts - Even though I have disabled the Registration, send me an email at:  vtgrandpa@yahoo.com if you want to register and I will do that for you
Newest Member: Christy25
+  Henry Raymond
|-+  Fairfax News
| |-+  Current News & Events
| | |-+  Garden Tours In Fairfax
« previous next »
: [1]
: Garden Tours In Fairfax  ( 2334 )
Henry
Administrator
: 15235

« : July 12, 2005, 08:29:42 AM »

" This last weekend Region One of the American Hosta Society (AHS) held First Look 5 at the Sheraton Hotel in Burlington.  This
conference showcases the newest Hosta varieties being produced.  

On Sunday 'Open Garden' tours were held in Fairfax and in Milton.  Members of the AHS and the Quebec Hosta Society visited Dorothy
Nixon's gardens and gave rave reviews as they wandered through the large collection of flowers and Hostas.  On one of the tours, a
visiting expert spotted a new type of Hosta in among some 350 varieties on display.  The development of this plant will be watched for
possible introduction as a new variety for next year.  -  Dorothy Nixon "

Jim & Dorothy Nixon live just North of Fairfax Village on Route 104.

Garden Tours in Fairfax :

Dorothy Nixon hosted tours of her gardens here in Fairfax for members of the American Hosta Society as part of the planned activities
for their regional meeting in Burlington.  The Garden Tour went as planned Sunday July 10 and over 52 visitors signed the guest book.

The two ponds with water lilies are surrounded by flowers and shrubs.

Visitors from Canada and the U.S. gather for a tour of the gardens.

Visitors discover a new hosta type!

If you would like to see some additional photos, check out the following two web sites.  They are heavily loaded with photos, so if you
don't have DSL, they may take a while to load.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeq8atl/id1.html

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeq8atl/id2.html

Henry Raymond
: [1]  
« previous next »
: